Monday, April 18, 2011

Family Calendar

I finally had a chance to finish my family calendar! Really, I should say that Andre finally had a chance to finish the calendar because he did most of the work....THANKS, ANDRE!! :)

Ever since last May,when the fam. and I visited Erin in KY and saw hers, I have wanted to make one of these! However, my sad sad reality is that I do not own a Silhouette or any other awesome machine that can cut vinyl.

After seeing it on Somewhat Simple, via Brown Paper Packages, my love and NEED for this project heightened!Plus, I found out that I could purchase (for a low low fee) the vinyl words I needed for the project! YAY! Straight lines are not my forte, so I asked Andre to draw them on the glass of my frame for me. So sweet of him...especially when I asked him to "go ahead and place the stickers while you are at it..." :) Husband of the week!

Anyhoo- It's much prettier than the calendar we had on the fridge, and BIGGER. The vinyl is on the back side, so you can write with a dry erase marker on the front of the glass. At the end of the month, you just wipe it clean and start over! Brilliant. Plus, you can leave the back of the frame open (as I did) and just let the wall color come through. Or you can cover the back with scrapbook paper...up to you!

Soooo....I now have a "Our {busy} Family" board, and I love it!
**Sorry for such a glare on the pics...they are night shots!**

Check out the tutorial here.


1 comment:

Ali said...

It turned out wonderful! What a smart idea to put the vinyl on the back side of it, I never would've thought of that. I also like that it is open so you can see the fun orange wall color behind it.

I wanted to thank you for participating in the Hump Day Hoorah at my blog last week. A new Hoorah is now up and I'd love it if you joined in. Have a great week! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...