Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Wreath

Up until today...the weather has been beautiful here in Chattanooga.(Today it's rain, rain, with a chance of more rain.) It's one of the things I love about Tennessee. Spring. The trees are blooming in lovely shades of pink and purple, daffodils and tulips are popping up all over the place, and the sun is shining! Now that my allergies are somewhat in control, I was able to get outside this week to work in the yard. I really enjoyed it, and was inspired to create a new wreath for my front door that would match how I was feeling...

Of course, I am partial to the yarn wreath (as seen here and here....and here) However, this time rather than going with felt flowers I made fabric rosettes. These rosettes are easy peasy, and c-u-t-e! You can use them for loads of crafts.
Rosettes: (I should have taken pictures, I know!, but I forgot. Sorry.)
*Cut a length of fabric 1/2" wide, and the longer the length, the bigger the flower.
*Put a dab of hot glue in the middle of the end of the fabric. Fold the fabric in half and roll it up tight a few times.
*Put another dab of glue next to the roll and fold it over. Keep folding and wrapping as you go around the outside of the rolled material. Add a dab of glue every 1/2 turn or so.
*When you get to the end of your fabric strip, fold a little of the fabric under the back of the flower,and add glue to the back of the flower.

**Liquid stitch works really great to put flowers together, but I know more folks have a hot glue gun.**
Wreath: Look here for tutorial.

It's so fresh and bright! I love it.

Happy Spring!

4 comments:

erin said...

OOOO - I love it! Love the colors and the fabric. I was working on my own Spring wreath today actually. I used grapevine and felt. :)

tiptop2 said...

So Pretty and Springy ! Love the flowers, reminds me of my butterfly garden I have every year :)

Ali said...

Your wreath turned out beautifully. I've always been a fan of a crisp white with fun, bright colors.

B.Cheniful said...

Hey girl! I was just searching pinterest for wreaths and this guy made the first page! I noticed your address as I was repining and just had to come over and say awesome job!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...